Intacct-Integrated Nexonia users with Cash Management can export Nexonia Card Transactions to Intacct's Time & Expense and Cash Management. This configuration is useful to export expenses to:
- T&E: So expenses can be billable and used to invoice the customer.
- Cash Management: So you can use Intacct's Reconciliation and Charge Payoff functions.
To avoid General Ledger duplicates, use the Payment Type object in T&E. This makes the expense item non-reimbursable and creates an offset account to balance out the GL impact.
Please Note: Create a separate integration from the rest of your expenses. Filter it for company paid cards mapped to Cash Management to export to Cash Management.
This article shows you how to use the Payment Type Setting in Intacct Cash Management, and details how to set up data integrations to both Cash Management and T&E.
Step 1: On your Nexonia homepage, click the Integration tab.
Step 2: Click Integration Setup.
Step 3: Click Edit Parameters.
Step 4: Ensure the Enable Cash Management drop-down is set to Yes.
Step 5: Click the Cash Management tab.
Step 6: Set the source to Exported with Payment Type - Per Source.
Step 7: In Intacct go to Time & Expenses and click Open Setup.
Step 8: Click OK when complete.
Step 9: Click Configuration Sync.
Step 10: Click Synchronize Now. This will update the Nexonia configuration.
- T&E Item: Debits GL from the Expense Type, Credits Offset Account from the Payment Type.
- Cash Management Transaction: Debits Offset Account from the Payment Type, Credits Charge Card Account liability account.
- Charge Payoff process (initiated in Itacct): Debits Charge Card Account liability accoung, Credits balance sheet account.
Step 11: Use the Cash Management Payment Type to create a data export for Cash Management and for T&E to export the items to these areas in Intacct. To start, go back to the Integration Setup tab.
Step 12: Click Add Data Integration.
Step 13: Set Data Type to Expense.
Step 14: Set the listed values as follows:
- Export Number: If you have different expense integrations exporting different data, choose a number to distinguish for other integrations exporting other sets of data.
- Name: Indicate what the integration is used for.
- Active: Check this box to ensure this integration is active.
- Integration Type: Choose Intacct.
Step 15: Click the Filtering tab. Check mark Item Types and Company Card Standard.
Step 16: Click the Parameters tab. Set Type to Cash Management.
Step 17: Click OK to save. The Cash Management integration has now been completed.
Step 1: To create the T&E integration, perform steps 12-14 as listed.
Please Note: Make sure the T&E Integration shares the same Export Number as your Cash Management integration.
Skip Step 15 and go to the Parameters tab. Set Type to Regular Expenses. Click OK to save.
The exported entries will have the following GL Impact:
- T&E Item: Debits GL from the Expense Type, Credits Offset Account from the Payment Type
- Cash Management Transaction: Debits Offset Account from the Payment Type, Credits Charge Card Account liability account
- Charge Payoff Process (initiated in Intacct): Debits Chard Card Account liability account, Credits balance sheet account