If you're an Intacct-Integrated Nexonia user using Cash Management, you have the ability to export your company paid cards with a Payment Type. This can be utilized if you want to export your Nexonia Card Transactions to both Intacct's Time & Expense and Cash Management.
You may want to utilize this configuration if you want your expenses to export:
- to T&E so that they can be billable and used to invoice the customer
- to Cash Management so you can use Intacct's Reconciliation and Charge Payoff functions.
To avoid duplicate GL impact, you can use the Payment Type object in T&E. This makes the expense item non-reimbursable and also sets an offset account that can be used to balance out the GL impact.
Please Note: If you don't have an integration with Cash Management but would like to create one, this article will walk you how to do so.
This article will show you how to utilize the Payment Type Setting in Intacct Cash Management.
Step 1: On your Nexonia homepage, click the Integration tab.
Step 2: Click Integration Setup.
Step 3: Click Edit Parameters.
Step 4: Ensure the Enable Cash Management drop-down is set to Yes.
Step 5: Click the Cash Management tab.
Step 6: Set the source to Exported with Payment Type - Per Source.
Step 7: Next, in Intacct go to Time & Expenses. Then, click Open Setup. Next, click Payment Types so that you can find the name of a Payment Type that is configured as non-reimbursable in Intacct. The name of that Payment Type should then be entered in Nexonia. To do so, click the Integration tab, followed by Integration Setup and Edit Parameters. Then click Cash Management, and enter the Payment Type.
Step 8: Click OK when complete.
Step 9: Click Configuration Sync.
Step 10: Click Synchronize Now. This will update the Nexonia configuration. The exported entries will have the following GL Impact:
- T&E Item: Debits GL from the Expense Type, Credits Offset Account from the Payment Type
- Cash Management Transaction: Debits Offset Account from the Payment Type, Credits Charge Card Account liability account
- Charge Payoff process (initiated in Itacct): Debits Charge Card Account liability accoung, Credits balance sheet account