Nexonia uses a set of NetSuite login credentials to connect to NetSuite. These may be an Administrator's own login credentials or credentials established for the dedicated purpose of integrating with Nexonia.
If the NetSuite access credentials of that user change, they must also be updated in Nexonia to allow the integration to continue to run.
When the Nexonia integration processes run with invalid credentials, an error message such as "NetSuite Message: Data configuration sync for (Customer_Name): Invalid username/password" will be returned in the configuration sync log (NetSuite* > Configuration Sync).
Note: As recommended best practice, Nexonia and NetSuite recommend using the token-based authentication (TBA) method. This method is the most secure, easiest to maintain and stabilizes the integration processes by reducing timeout and credentials errors. To update your authentication, follow the instructions in the article below.
To update the NetSuite login credentials in the Nexonia integration:
- Log in to Nexonia, and navigate to NetSuite* > Integration Setup > Configuration Data, and click the Edit Parameters link next to the Integration Type.
- Your Integration Type should already be set to NetSuite.
- Under the General tab, you should see your Authentication Mode set to "NetSuite".
- Review the following fields and update where necessary:
- Email - email address of the NetSuite user being used for the integration.
- Password - the password for the NetSuite user being used for the integration.
- Account - your NetSuite account ID
- Once these credentials are updated, click the Connect button to reestablish the integration connection with the updated credentials. If you still get an error, ensure you can log in to NetSuite with the credentials you just used in the integration and re-enter the valid credentials in Nexonia's integration.
Tip: You can also avoid this step in the future by choosing "Authentication Mode: NetSuite", updating the same fields as above, ensuring the correct NetSuite Role ID is entered ("3" is the default Administrator role ID), and clicking "Connect". This creates a permanent authentication token linking the two systems unless the NetSuite user is made inactive or has their Administrator role revoked.
Once complete, you can initiate a configuration sync from NetSuite* > Configuration Sync, and click the Synchronize Now button.
A successful synchronization result indicates that the updated credentials are correct.
*May be labelled differently in your Nexonia instance