Nexonia can export a PDF of an expense report with embedded receipts to a SmartVault document management account. If you've integrated SmartVault with the accounting application that's linked to Nexonia, the exported vendor bill can be linked to the corresponding documentation. SmartVault supports integration with QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and Xero.
This set-up is most common to customers using QuickBooks Desktop, with the benefit of the integration automatically proving the link between the QuickBooks vendor bill and the documentation in SmartVault (screenshot below).
To start, you will need a SmartVault account. SmartVault can provide instructions on how to integrate the SmartVault account with your accounting application.
Once you've successfully integrated SmartVault with your accounting application, you can start the Nexonia integration:
1. Sign in to SmartVault portal and navigate down to ‘Company’ level. In this example, ours is "SampleCO".
2. Click on Configure Integrations link under Company Tasks on the right hand pane in the Advanced View of the portal.
3. Once you click Configure Integrations, you should see the Look Up ID for your company. Copy it down as you'll need it in Nexonia.
4. Open a separate browser tab and log in to Nexonia - you'll need Administrator privileges and access to the Integration settings.
5. Navigate to Integration* > Integration Setup.
*this tab may be relabelled with the name of your accounting platform
6. Navigate to the Data Integration button, and click it to add the new export.
7. A Choose Data Type window will appear. Select "Expense Receipts" as the Data Type and click OK.
8. You should see a window called "Data Integration. Fill in these details under the Main tab:
Name: name of the export, i.e. "SmartVault".
Send errors to: enter the email address you'd like error notices to be sent to.
Active: check this box to enable this export.
Scheduling: you have the option to turn on automated scheduling. The export will run over night, once per day. You'll always have the "Transfer Now" button available to export on demand. Keep in mind, it'll only export the receipts provided the expenses have already been exported to your accounting platform.
Integration Type: select your accounting integration. Note, only QuickBooks, Xero, or Dynamics GP will provide you with SmartVault integration settings.
9. Once you've selected the Integration Type, you should see a new tab appear called "Parameters". Click on that tab to open it.
10. Enter your SmartVault login and the company's Lookup ID from SmartVault.
11. Next to Authorize Nexonia, click the "Visit SmartVault" link. This will take you to SmartVault and prompt you through allowing Nexonia to integrate with SmartVault.
12. Once the authorization is successful, click the OK button to save these settings.
13. The last step is to link your Expense exports to this new Receipt Export, so it knows which receipts to send over - Nexonia only exports receipts once the corresponding Expenses have been exported.
14. Under the Data Integration section, locate your Expense export and click Edit.
15. You should now see the Data Integration settings. Next to Export Receipts Using, select the name of the receipt export. In this case it's "SmartVault".
16. Click OK to save this setting.
You're done! You should now see a tab under the Integration module with the receipt export.
From this point forward, if an expense report is successfully exported, the receipt export will be able to transfer the receipts to SmartVault.