When exporting expense items to Xero as Vendor Bills, all employees who will be using Nexonia need to be created in Xero as Vendors. The Xero Vendor list will be imported in Nexonia via the configuration sync. Nexonia Users are then created manually in Nexonia and linked to a Xero Vendor profile.
Tip: When creating vendors for employees in Xero, starting the name with "(e)" will group the employee vendors at the top of your vendor list, making them easier to find.
ex. "(e) Tom Training"
Follow these instructions to create new users in Nexonia:
HOW TO ADD USERS IN NEXONIA
1. Ensure employees are set up as Vendors in Xero.
2. Log in to Nexonia as an administrator on the web and run a configuration sync between Xero and Nexonia. To do this, go to the Integration/Xero tab > Configuration Sync and click on the Synchronize Now button. This will import the Vendor list from Xero making each Vendor profile available in Nexonia.
3. In Nexonia, go to Settings > Users > Users > Add. Once you click Add you’ll see a blank template under the User settings tab. Enter the details for this user profile. While many of these fields are optional, you are required to provide the following information at a minimum:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Role - The role defines their permissions in Nexonia; typically, most will be User.
- Expenses: Xero Vendor - Select the correct Xero vendor/name from the dropdown menu. This list will be imported from Xero via the configuration sync.
4. Click Apply. The new user has now been created and mapped to the appropriate Xero vendor!
Manager: As you add users in Nexonia, they will appear as a selection option from the "Manager" dropdown menu. In some instances, and depending on your company's approval process, the "Manager" may be how Nexonia knows who to send the expense report to for approval. In this instance, be sure to select the user's manager from the dropdown menu.
Customer (Default) and Project (Default): Default values for users can be set in Nexonia for integrated dimensions such as Customer, Job, Location, or Class.
Login credentials will not be issued automatically to the Nexonia user upon adding them as a User, unless initiated by the Nexonia Administrator.