Nexonia allows you to enter mileage on the mobile app using Google Map integration to help automate the process. Your mileage entries can be one-way or multiple stops. The reimbursement rate will be preset by your organization.
Note: Location-based mileage is enabled by your internal Nexonia administrator.
Location Based Services (Google Maps)
The most common way mileage is managed in Nexonia is with Location Based Services. Using Google Maps to automatically calculate your distance is achieved by entering in Waypoints (addresses or mapping points), which also generates a Google Map attachment as a receipt. Waypoints can be entered into the Locations field with as little as 2 stops (one-way) or as much as 6 (multi-stop).
Creating a Mileage Expense
To create a mileage expense on the mobile app, from the home screen tap on the + Item icon.
Add the item to an existing or new expense report.
Select the Transaction Date (1) for the mileage entry
Select your mileage category from the Category (2) dropdown.
Tap Locations (3) to open up the location service.
Tap Add Waypoint (4) to start adding your waypoints. Each waypoint you add will return you to the Locations screen. You can add up to 6 waypoints.
Adding a Waypoint
You can add a waypoint in several ways:
Manually - you'll see two fields:
- Label (optional): label for this waypoint
- Address (required): address or GPS coordinates for this waypoint
Type in Address, tap Save.
GPS/My Location - Tap My Location and the mobile app will enter your GPS coordinates where you're currently located. (Note: during your initial installation of the app, Nexonia will ask permission to access Location Services on your mobile device. This can be managed in your phone settings as well.)
Retrieve - Tap an icon to retrieve an address:
- Import address from Contacts on your mobile device
- Tap to retrieve a previously used waypoint
- Tap to retrieve a home (A) /work (B) /favourite (C) location.
From the Locations screen:
Tap Generate Map (5) to generate the distance and Google Map attachment.
Tap Save to save the mileage expense.
Additional Options on the Locations Screen
- Tap and drag the waypoints to re-order them.
- Tap on the down arrow "V" to the left of the waypoint to bookmark the waypoint for future use.
- Slide the Round Trip switch to the right (Green) to make this mileage entry a round trip.
- If you make any edits to the draft mileage expense, tap Generate Map to update the mileage entry with your edits.
Tip: You can create and save a draft mileage expense with a single waypoint - you could use My Location to create your starting point, save the mileage expense, and update it when you reach your destination.