When exporting time and expense items to QuickBooks, as either timesheets or Vendor Bills, all employees who will be using Nexonia need to be created in QuickBooks as Vendors. The QuickBooks Vendor list will be imported in Nexonia via the configuration sync. Nexonia Users are then created manually in Nexonia and linked to a QuickBooks Vendor profile.
Follow these instructions to create new users in Nexonia:
HOW TO ADD USERS IN NEXONIA
1. Ensure employees are set up as Vendors in QuickBooks. Note: Vendors in QuickBooks must have a different name than the Employee name. For example, if the employee in QuickBooks is called “Tom Jones” you could create a Vendor in QuickBooks called “Tom Jones (Vendor)”.
2. Launch QuickBooks Web Connector (QWC) and run a configuration sync between QuickBooks and Nexonia. This will import the Vendor list from QuickBooks making each Vendor profile available in Nexonia.
3. Log in to Nexonia as an administrator. Go to Settings > Users > Users > Add. Once you click Add you’ll see a blank template under the User settings tab. Enter the details for this user profile. While many of these fields are optional, you are required to provide the following information at a minimum:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Role - The role defines their permissions in Nexonia; typically, most will be User.
- Expenses: QB Vendor and/or Timesheets: QB Name - Select the correct QuickBooks vendor/name from the dropdown menu. This list will be imported from QuickBooks via the configuration sync.
4. Click Apply. The new user has now been created and mapped to the appropriate QuickBooks vendor!
Manager: As you add users in Nexonia, they will appear as a selection option from the "Manager" dropdown menu. In some instances, and depending on your company's approval process, the "Manager" may be how Nexonia knows who to send the expense report to for approval. In this instance, be sure to select the user's manager from the dropdown menu.
Customer (Default) and Project (Default): Default values for users can be set in Nexonia for integrated dimensions such as Customer, Job, Location, or Class.
Login credentials will not be issued automatically to the Nexonia user upon adding them as a User, unless initiated by the Nexonia Administrator.