As an Administrator, you will be responsible for deactivating user profiles in Nexonia. Non-Administrators cannot do this themselves. This must be done by an internal Administrator within your company.
In most NetSuite-integrated Nexonia instances, the Nexonia user list is synchronized from NetSuite Employees and/or Vendors. This happens during the Configuration Sync process, which is typically scheduled to run overnight each night, and can also be initiated manually by an Administrator from within Nexonia. So to deactivate a user, the NetSuite record we're integrating needs to no longer be included in the integration.
Best Practices: Deactivating Users, Not Deleting
As a best practice, we recommend deactivating users rather than deleting them. Deactivating a user will remove said user's access. The deactivated user will no longer be able to access Nexonia and you will not be billed for them in the subsequent billing period. However, you can restore said user should the need ever arise, either because they return, or for audit purposes.
While this can be accomplished by deleting a user, deletion is a much more permanent option. There is no option to restore a deleted user.
Best Practice for Deactivating a Nexonia User
Depending on how Nexonia is integrating your users, you'll need to update the record in NetSuite so that the integration won't include them as Active.
To deactivate the Nexonia User, an NetSuite Employee or Vendor must:
- be Inactive in NetSuite; or
- have a termination date that has passed; or
- have the custom checkbox field* (usually called "Nexonia") unchecked
- *this may not be enabled in your configuration if you are only syncing users from NetSuite Employees, however it is required to synchronize users from NetSuite Vendors
Then run the configuration sync in Nexonia. This will render the Nexonia User record inactive.
Option: Manually Deactivating a User in Nexonia
If you need to remove access to Nexonia immediately, you can manually deactivate their Nexonia user profile. However, you must remember to deactivate the user's dimension in NetSuite as described above - if not, the next time the configuration sync runs it'll reactivate the Nexonia user profile.
To deactivate a user profile in Nexonia, please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to Settings > Users > Users.
- Navigate to the user record you want to deactivate - on the far right side is a column labelled Active.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox for that user.
- You'll be asked "Are you sure that you want to deactivate this user?"
- Click Yes to confirm.
- The user is now deactivated.
Viewing Inactive Users
Inactive users are typically filtered from view in the user list. You can control this by checking or unchecking the Show Inactive checkbox at the top left of the user list. Any inactive users will be italicized with a lighter font color.
Reactivating Inactive Users
To reactivate a user, update the user's NetSuite Employee or Vendor record in NetSuite:
- status should be active
- not have a termination date that has passed
- have the custom checkbox field (usually called "Nexonia") checked
- this may not be enabled in your configuration if you are only syncing users from NetSuite Employees, however it is required to synchronize users from NetSuite Vendors
Then run the configuration sync in Nexonia. This will reactivate the Nexonia user. If you need to reissue their login permission, click the key icon to the left of the user record.